1. Is the subscription for SQOBE free?
Yes, it is free when you are a SQOBE Public Member. You only pay for each movie you watch.
2. Can I pay for a movie and watch it later?
You can watch the film within a duration of 48 hours.
3. If I paid for viewing a movie and for some reason it failed transmitting; can I watch the movie again without another payment?
Yes, you can. You have to go to SQOBE Helpdesk and our customer service rep will make sure you can watch the film again at your convenient moment.
4. Do you show films on HD quality?
The quality of the films uploaded to our platform can vary in quality standards, as not all films are available in HD quality.
5. Can SQOBE guarantee the quality of the streaming of my movie?
We cannot guarantee the viewing experience of each viewer. First, it depends on your upload quality; secondly we cannot control the delivery output of your film; see our Terms & Conditions.
6. Can I stay friends with someone on SQOBE, but not be notified by his or her activities?
This option will be coming to SQOBE Members soon.
7. How do I know if my information is secure when ordering from your site?
We comply to the Dutch national law, which obliges us to have he necessary precautions in place.
Yes your information is secure.
8. What is a Professional Member?
A Professional Member is someone who owns the exploitation rights of film(s) and is allowed to sell these films in certain territories for the VOD Market. These individuals or legal entities may be sales agents, distributors, film producers, film makers, inherited rights owners or others who/which can prove they obtain exploitation rights.
9. How do I become a Professional Member?
You submit your initial information in the SQOBE Pro-section and within your dashboard choose the Professional Program.
You pay a one-time Program-level integration fee, which is similar to an annual subscription fee.
10. When do I pay my annual subscription fee?
You pay your subscription fee at the end of the year you have used our services.
11. What is a program integration fee for?
We need to create the right environment for your films to upload, to be stored and to be transmitted; members pay for for the integration, which is the same price as the annual subscription fee of the program you have chosen.
12. When I upgrade to a higher level of the program, do I still have to pay an integration fee?
Yes. You need to pay for the upgrade integration; we must reintegrate your part of the platform.
13. When I entered a lower level program in the year and for instance in the middle of the year I upgrade, do I pay for 2 programs?
No. You pay in the end of the year only the higher subscription fee.
14. How can I make money with my films on SQOBE?
Become a Professional Member and submit to a professional program. Once you have paid for the integration and installation of that program into your Account.
You can sell the films against the prices you set within the Project Account.
15. How much money do I receive from each view?
You will get 50% of each view payment after VAT or sales taxes are deducted. SQOBE withholds 50% of each paid view aftertaxes and pays for transmission costs, payment costs an authors costs.
16. Will you charge tax on my views?
We do not charge taxes; we deduct the obliged taxes from the purchases; after this deduction 50% will be transferred to you within the time terms stated in the trems and conditions.
17. Do I have to pay for other fees or taxes?
18. Can I set my own price?
Yes, you can set your own price.
19. Can I upload any film I want?
Yes, and No. You may upload any film you wish as long as it is fiction or documentary;
You are not allowed to upload pornographic films.
20. How do I upload a movie?
You click on Create Project in your dashboard page and follow the fill-ins.
You may create a project without uploading the film and upload the film later on.
21. What is considered a Short Film and when do we consider a film a Feature length?
Within SQOBE, a Feature Film is longer than 50 minutes; and anything beneath this time frame it is considered a ‘Short Film’
22. What features can be expected within the near future that will make a difference for the Professional User?
SQOBE is a new company; we shall continually build the platform including:
· a translation system for subtitles with real translators, so you can release your film worldwide instantly in as many languages you want.
· you will be able to advertise your film within the SQOBE Public Member Network.
· a system for festivals; simplifying the submission and accepting process.
23. What do I do if someone is exploiting my films without my permission or films from which I obtain the exploitation rights?
You go to the ‘Claims’ section and follow the procedures; should the current exploiter not accept your claim, we shall look into your demand.
We do not close the viewing; we stop any/all payments to the alleged infringer until you have proven your rights.
In some situations; we will be prepared to close the viewing. For more detailed information, we advise you to read our Terms & Conditions.
24 Can I Geo-Block my films?
Yes, you can. And you can Geo Share with other rights owners
25. Who owns SQOBE?
The SQOBE platform is owned by the Dutch Company, FILMBOOK BV and is registered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. http://www.filmbook.eu
26. Can I advertise at SQOBE?
Yes you can.
An advertisement system shall be implemented, that will enable you to advertise within the SQOBE public community.
This will be made available in September 2019. If you wish to advertise within the current community of SQOBE, you must contact us through FILMBOOK BV: http://www.filmbook.eu
27. When I am entitled to a percentage of the profit or revenue of the film, but I do not exploit the movie or have exploitation rights, can I obtain my profit share from SQOBE?
No, you cannot. We only serve exploitation rights owners; we only engage ourselves with individuals or entities who/which have the right to exploit the film. These individuals or entities must oblige to the contracts with any/all stakeholders of a film.
28. SQOBE states they are transparent. How transparent are transmission and payment fees?
We provide an annual update of all transmissions and payment costs; when we find a more cost effective solution on any/all costs and or taxes, we will recalculate costs and deductions. All fixed prices are rounded up. Our mission is to reduce these costs.
29. Other questions?